Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Camping Trip to Nanatahala Gorge

I have every other weekend totally to myself when the boys go to their dad's house. Last weekend I decided I needed to get away from Asheville for a minute for a little R&R. I went camping with my partner-in-crime, Jay, to the Nantahala Gorge - it's just about an hour from Asheville. We had a great time - got a good bit of rain at night, but nothing we couldn't handle :)

We visited my friend Richard who was also there from Chattanooga, had a really fun time tubing on Deep Creek in Bryson City, NC, took our dogs on a little hike up Ledbetter Creek and explored around our campsite on a tributory creek to the Nantahala River.

cheezin it up for the camera


gossamer swimming in some muddy water

campsite - notice weird pipeline in background, for some reason, water was being diverted around this section of the river







Trying to get a good shot of Jay and me, but Mountain Laurel couldn't stand the attention not being given to her:


Jay is a serious bug finder - here he found a dobson fly outside a gas station in Bryson City ... eeewwww.

No comments:

Blog Archive