Monday, February 6, 2012

Putts 4 Pets

Reed and I volunteer weekly at a local no-kill animal shelter called Brother Wolf. This started because he went with a friend to play with the cats there, and came home begging to "get a membership". My loving boy!

Another love of his is putt-putt golf. So when I got our weekly volunteer newsletter from Brother Wolf, and it said they were doing an indoor mini-golf fundraiser, I knew we *had* to go. I'm not a huge fan of mini-golf, so Reed brought buddies and I volunteered with dog adoption area.


Of course ZB wanted to help, too (and don;t be fooled, that cute little doggie was thrilled with ZB until I came close up with the camera :) ...

She had a blast climbing on everything...

The kids entered the mini-golf tournament, which turned out to be a "wacky" tournament. Here they are golfing blindfolded!
Reed was excited to win a fun prize to take home...

At the end, 2 dogs were adopted and lots of donations were collected for all the awesome work that Brother Wolf does!
We were glad to get a chance to support two great organizations/businesses in Asheville today. Check 'em out if you get a chance: Brother Wolf & Sweet Tee Mini Golf.

No comments:

Blog Archive