Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Cloud Dough


We have been soaking up the warmth these last few days, as I know it will disappear tomorrow.  I learned about Cloud Dough on Pinterest and had to try it out.  It was so simple and I thought the kids might be into it for 15 minutes or so.  They loved it!  It occupied Blossom and her friend for a solid 30 minutes and they kept coming back to it for a couple hours.
It's soft and squishy, but not wet.  Also very messy - best for outside.  Bonus point for the 3 year olds to be able to make it themselves.
Cloud Dough is made with one 5lb bag of flour and one standard-size bottle of baby oil (I bought the Johnson & Johnson shea butter one and it smelled pretty non-offensive :)  Mix them together and you've got Cloud Dough!  We added powdered tempera paint for color (food coloring will not work here).  I'm glad to have this super quick recipe in my stash for a fun and easy activity!

No comments:

Blog Archive